Sunday, December 30, 2012

Goodbye 2012

One year ago today, I wrote a note on Facebook recapping my 2011. A couple of days ago, I decided to pull up that note again and see just how much things have progressed in a year. It's incredible to remember how much I've been blessed with in 2012 and excited to see what 2013 will bring. Below is the note I wrote one year ago...


And now, one year later...

2012,

You have been the roller coaster year without a doubt. You have given me the biggest highs and lows I've ever known. You brought on the stress of wedding planning, the struggle of anxiety, the greatest sadness and emptiness I've ever felt, the difficulties of a new job and the hardship of not seeing my husband all day at work. However, you've also granted me the unexplainable joys of marriage, the reassurance that everything is possible with God, the biggest fondness of past memories, the excitement of doing what I love every day and the love of a new puppy. You have seen me through premarital counseling and grief counseling. You have helped me get through my fear of flying (two times). You have given me so many first memories in a brand new marriage. You have reminded me how incredible and brave my family is. You have taught me that marriage is a delicacy that should be given the utmost respect. You have also shown me that with God, life just makes more sense. You have reminded me that there is nothing better than the memories you share with the people you love the most and that life is truly a gift.

With all that I've learned in in 2012, I'm excited to see what 2013 will teach me.

No comments:

Post a Comment