Monday, December 31, 2012

A non-New Year's resolution

I have never been much of a resolution person. If there's one thing I am, it's goal-oriented. When I set a goal for myself, I will do everything in my power to make it happen. So I don't typically wait until NYE to create goals or resolutions for myself.

With that being said, I was sitting at my desk today, wondering what changes I'd like to see in the new year. There aren't many tangible things I want to change. Sure, I'd love to run another half marathon, eat better and save more money this year, but none of those are things I need a new year to remind me of. To me, the things I need to make my year better revolve more around my thoughts and actions.

I want to think more before I speak this year. I want to treat the people I care about better. I want to be more available for my friends and family and less consumed with myself. I want to listen more and talk less. I want to just be nicer in general. I know this probably sounds silly, but I truly believe that in order for my 2013 to be its best, these changes need to happen. These aren't necessarily things I can measure, like I could with weight loss or saving money. However, I think every relationship I have will improve if I make these small changes.

The other non-resolution change I'd like to make moving into the new year is to be more consistent with my blog. It truly is one of my favorite hobbies and something I really want to continue in the new year. I don't think I'm going to make any drastic changes to it, but I definitely want to keep blogging on a regular basis.

Happy New Year to you all! I hope you have a safe and memorable new year's eve! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment