Monday, October 1, 2012

DIY Weekend

Due to the rain on Saturday, I spent my entire morning watching college football and organizing my Pinterest boards. The more I started repinning, the more I started itching to bring some of these pins to life. I've always had very simplistic taste when it comes to decorating and fashion. In my mind, less is more. However, sometimes less really is less. After I looked through numerous pins of apartments and houses with awesome decoration and cute furniture, I decided to drag Mark with me to Hobby Lobby. 

However, I was so determined to recreate all of these adorable pins that I went a little crazy. This weekend, Mark and I went to Hobby Lobby, Pier 1, IKEA and TJ Maxx. We got some great stuff, but now I am stuck with an apartment full of random decorations. There is no matching color scheme and now we just have a lot of holes in our walls. Mark and I have already planned to sit down tonight and figure out our decorative plan. I think I may have gotten in over my head on this one. I guess I will just have to stick to what I know... running, chocolate and blogging. Interior decorating is just not my thing.

Below you will find bits of what I was attempting to imitate when I started my DIY weekend. Unfortunately, my apartment currently resembles none of these photos quite yet.





 A shoutout to my husband who helped me with my random burst of creativity this weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment