Wednesday, October 3, 2012

By The Way

Throughout high school and college, I spent all of my extra money on concert tickets. When I say all of my extra money, I literally mean all of it. The week I graduated from college, I got a part-time job at the Dallas Observer where I got paid to go to concerts and promote the Observer. Over the past five or six years, I have seen just about every band I could have hoped to see. I've seen everyone from Bob Dylan to The Pixies to Foo Fighters to my all time favorite band, Bush. I eventually quit the Observer, partly to work full time, but partly because I was satisfied with my concert-going-experience at the time. But there was one show that loomed out in the distance... a show I never thought I'd see until...

Last Christmas, I decided to be a very selfless fiance and buy Mark tickets to the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert in March (that's just the kind of person I am). It just so happened that he decided to use the extra ticket on his fiance, which worked out well for me. After Anthony postponed the show until October so he could have surgery on his foot, we had to wait 10 long months for the RHCP concert. However, yesterday was the day we'd been waiting for. We laughed, we cried, we sang along to every song we knew. Below are some of the photos I took from the show. Enjoy! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment