Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Why I Love To Blog

I started following blogs about a year ago. At the time, I was training for my first half marathon and was looking to find out how others trained. I stumbled upon a few different blogs written by girls who were training for a half marathon too. It was so reassuring to know that it was normal to be starving all the time or to hate running some days.

After a few attempts to start blogging in the past, I decided to commit a few months ago with this blog. With so many things happening in my life, I wanted a way to look back and remember how I felt at different times. I know that a lot of people would just start writing in a journal and keep their thoughts private. However, as I thought about the blogs I follow, I realized how comforting it was to know what other people were going through. It's not that I found comfort in their struggles, but more that I felt reassured that my own struggles were normal.

The other reason I truly love blog writing is that I am a writer at heart. While I am currently working for a marketing company, I have a journalism degree and my passion is certainly for writing. In college, my major required a lot of writing. Whether it be a creative writing course or a semester as a newspaper reporter, I got my fair share of writing and it never once felt like work for me.

After everything I've been through the past year and a half, writing has become my stress release. Someone recently told me that I have a great testimony in regards to what life has brought me recently. I'd never really thought about it that way, but it is my hope that sharing my own story can be a comfort to someone who needs to hear it. I am not a very open person when it comes to conversation, but if you put a keyboard in front of me, I will write exactly what's on my mind. It takes all of the pressure off of the situation. I honestly think writing is something I was given to help other people. It's definitely a gift I intend to use for the rest of my life in one way or another. :)

Just a random, cool photo of a typewriter haha.



No comments:

Post a Comment