Saturday, January 26, 2013

Documenting our first home

So I was telling someone at work that my husband and I are in the very beginning stages of house hunting, and she suggested I document some of the process so we can look back one day and remember how hard we worked to get into our home.

As I mentioned, right now Mark and I are in the very beginning stages. We've yet to actually look at any homes other than driving by random properties we've liked on Trulia or Zillow or any other random online real estate marketplace we've discovered.

We have been in contact with two separate realtors. One of them was someone we reached out to and the other contacted me after I entered my email address on a search site. To be honest, the realtor that contacted us has been much more helpful, quick to respond and only sends over homes to look at online that are within our budget and not over.

It will probably be another month or so before Mark and I actually get to start looking at homes. Right now we are just attempting to set aside as much money as we can for our down payment. The first hump (the down payment) is always the hardest to get over I've heard, so we're trying to be smart about it. Regardless, I'm excited and praying that the right home will present itself clearly to us. :)

Although our home is still months away, I can't help but think about the things I'd have in my dream home... someday. Below are a few of the photos I've fallen in love with, most likely unrealistically.










No comments:

Post a Comment