Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Go Nuts For Donuts


A couple of weeks ago, I went to Austin, Texas, with my family. As promised in a previous post, this post will discuss the glorious discovery that is Gordough’s Specialty Donuts. Gordough’s is a small food truck located on 1st street. This aluminum trailer doesn’t seem like much from the outside; however, the long line outside proves otherwise.

Mark, Erin, my mom and I visited Gourdough’s on a Sunday night around 9:00 p.m. and the line was almost comical. After studying the menu for a while, we decided on two different donuts to share. Erin and my mom chose Mama’s Cake. This little diddy had a yellow cake batter filling with chocolate fudge icing and looked something like this: 
Mark and I opted for something a little more chocolatey. Our donut of choice was called the Black Out and consisted of brownie batter, chocolate fudge icing, chocolate covered brownie bites and was topped with chocolate syrup. Go big or go home.
A few other donuts caught my eye as I read that menu. Below are the photos of said donuts.
The Puddin' 
Cream Filled, Cream Cheese Icing, Bananas & Vanilla Wafers

Granny's Pie 
Caramel, Pecans, Bananas & Graham Cracker

Son of a Peach
Peach Filling, Cinnamon, Sugar & Cake Mix Topping
The next time you are in Austin, I highly recommend making a stop by Gourdough's donuts. They are delicious, nutritious and worth every calorie. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment