Monday, October 8, 2012

Lake Weekend And A Perfect Run

A few months ago, Mark's family pitched the idea of renting a house on the lake one weekend in October as small vacation for us all. Well, as it usually does, those few months flew by and this past weekend was the designated lake weekend. We headed out around 7 a.m. Friday morning and made it to Holly Lake in East Texas around 10 a.m., giving us three full days to relax and enjoy the lake/family.

Everybody at Holly Lake!

I have only been to the lake a couple of times before, so I wasn't too sure what to expect. However, after this weekend, I am fully convinced I am a lake kinda person. I had such a blast getting to be outside all day, enjoying nature and relaxing. Yes, it helped that the weather was perfect and we were surrounded by fun family and delicious food all day long. But I have already convinced Mark that we need to start saving our pennies so that one day we can have our own lake house where showering is optional and fishing all day is possible. I had never caught a fish before this weekend and let me tell you, I am fully addicted. Fishing is so relaxing, yet challenging at the same time. The weekend lake getaway really is the perfect mix of relaxation and adventure all in one!

I love fishing!

Enjoying coffee on the porch!

So beautiful!

Now onto the perfect run. As mentioned in my previous post, I had slowed my roll when it came to running the past six months. By the time I picked running back up a few months ago, it was 100 degrees outside after work and there was no way I was going to run outside, so I became good friends with Mr. Treadmill. But a few months of running only on a treadmill will suck any fun out of the sport. So when I realized this evening was going to bring the perfect running temperature, I knew I had to take the leap and bring my running game outside for the first time in six months. Let me tell you, this run reminded me why I love it. I even sprinted the last half a mile. You might call it the perfect transition back into outdoor running. Now we will see when the race registering returns. The Turkey Trot will be coming up next month and I need to continue the Thanksgiving trend for year number seven!

2011 Turkey Trot

No comments:

Post a Comment